Friday, June 1, 2012

It's Award Time!

It's Award Time!!!! 
The 2011-2012 TOS Homeschool Crew Blue Ribbon Awards to be exact. 

I've been so blessed to be on the crew this year.  Many of the products that I have reviewed have become family favorites and easily incorporated into our homeschooling day.  As I look ahead to our curriculum for next year, my experience with the review products have definitely influenced my choices.  So many great things in store, but here's a quick look at the past year!  Wow - we reviewed a lot of stuff.

Obviously, since my kiddos are all littles, I did not review a product for each of these categories.  In that case, the blue link will take you to the main crew blog post.  You can read what others had to say about the product.  If I did review a product below, I've included the red link to my review.  If the product got my personal vote, then I marked it with ***.
Favorite Reading Instruction Product: Reading Eggs ***
Favorite Writing Product: Write Shop ***
Favorite Language Arts Product: Progeny Press
Favorite Social Studies Product: TruthQuest History
Favorite Science Product: Amazing Science
Favorite Math Product: Math Mammoth ***
Favorite Online Math Product: Math Rider
Favorite Foreign Language Product: Visual Latin
Favorite Fine Arts Product: Artistic Pursuits
Favorite Christian Education Product: Apologia: Who Am I? ***
~~~
Favorite Preschool Product: Before Five in a Row ***
Favorite Elementary Product: All About Reading ***
Favorite Middle School Product: Write with WORLD
Favorite High School Product: Excellence in Literature
Favorite College or College-Prep Product: Excellence in Literature
~~~
Best Online Resource: Reading Eggs ***
Best e-Product: Heritage History
Best Homeschool Resource: Apologia: Educating the Wholehearted Child ***
Best Book, Novel, or Magazine: Apologia: How to Have a HEART for Your Kids
Best Children's Book: Amazing Animals by Design ***
Best Game or Toy: Northstar Games: Wits and Wagers and Say Anything
Best Hands-On Resource: Pitsco Education
~~~
Best Resource I Didn't Know I Needed: eMeals
Best Customer Service: K5 Learning
Most Adaptable Resource: Creek Edge Press
Most Family-Oriented Resource: Northstar Games: Wits and Wagers and Say Anything

~~~
Kids' Choice (favorite of CHILDREN ages 0-12): Reading Eggs ***
Teens' Choice (favorite per the TEENAGERS): Pitsco Education
All Around Crew Favorite: Visual Latin

Congratulations to all the winning vendors! 

Many Crew Members are blogging about these awards as well. Click here to see what they have to say!



No comments: