Believe it or not... my kids have and/or will participate in all of these programs. Try one or do them all. Either way, your kids will be reading this summer, and what parent doesn't want that?
1. Local Public Library
- Not only will each of the kids get a log to record what they have read, but when it is completed they earn a prize... a book of their very own to keep and take home. They are also entered for the grand prize.
- The library also offers summer story hours, book clubs, family fun nights, and special programs that we like to attend.
2. Barnes & Noble
- Read and record 8 books. Turn in the completed reading journal and receive a free book!
3. Joseph Beth Booksellers Adventure to Summer Reading
- Buy and read any book from Joseph-Beth
- Each time you finish a book bring in your passport to be stamped.
- Receive a free kid’s dessert just for being such a good reader & 20% off your next book purchase from the Summer Reading table (10% off any kid’s book not on the Summer Reading table)
- Read 6 books and get a 7th book FREE!
- 6 lucky winners will get a North Face or Vera Bradley backpack filled with books, school supplies, stickers, and other cool stuff worth over $100!
- Read for at least 15 minutes each day for a month.
- Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week.
- Once you've read 300 minutes, turn in your completed reading log to earn your $5 HPB Back-to-School Bucks reading reward for the month.
5. Pottery Barn Kids Summer Reading Challenge
- Download the reading list and track your child's progress.
- Download a certificate of completion.
- Visit local store to receive free book and enter to win a backpack full of books.
- Send an email to register. Then, download the Summer Reading Club form. When it is complete and 500 pages have been read, mail it in along with $1.71 postage. A reward will be mailed to your child.
- Complete and submit a daily reading record for your child online.
- Your child earns a chance to win a prize for each hour read. Every Wednesday in June, July, and August two prize winners will be drawn.
- August 31st a Grand Prize winner will be drawn for a NEW Apple iPad (16 GB Wi-Fi model).
- In September, your child will receive a Reading Champion Certificate.
- Read a book, take a comprehension quiz, earn points, and claim prize.
9. Book It! Summer Break Reading Challenge Sweepstakes
- Read 5 books, mail in the printable entry form, and be eligible to win 1 of 50 "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" prize packages.
- Read, Log Minutes, Win Prizes
- Help set a new World Record
11. No Time for Flashcards "3rd Annual Summer Reading Challenge"
- Use the printable tally sheet to record weekly reading and each week fill out the online form.
- The goal is for the participants to collectively read 25,000 books. At the end of the challenge, there will be a drawing for a $50 Amazon Gift Card.
- Pick a book by Mo Willems to read with your child and do an activity together inspired by the book.
- On June 18, 2012, share which book you read & any activities you do along with it on the Summer Virtual Book Club linky.
- While there is no reward, the incentive is reading the same author in community with others.
Summer Reading opportunities are endless. Grab a book and your kiddos, and read right now!
At 8 a.m. (EST) Tuesday morning, you can read about other Crew Members Summer Reading plans HERE. Until then, click the button below to read past cruise topics.