We made a BIG Announcement to family and friends. On Monday, Jon accepted a new position with HCA - the company that owns the hospital where he currently works. He is working towards his Masters in Nursing Informatics, so this position in HCA's IT&S Dept. is perfect for him. Since he will be working in the corporate office, our family is making a move. NASHVILLE, TN - here we come!!!! We are very excited :-) Jon will make the move in a few short weeks since he begins the new job mid-July. The kids and I will split our time between TN/KY until our house sells.
We shared the news with the kids, our families, and friends, and all seem to be supportive and happy for us. It will be an adjustment for us all, but we are close enough to easily make weekend trips home to see the family often. The flexibility of a homeschooling schedule will be very accommodating as well!
For some, the thought of us moving isn't a shock, the fact that it is to a metropolis like Nashville opposed to a hut in Africa is probably throwing some for a loop. We are still very much mission-minded. This new position will afford Jon the opportunity to finish school, have more time off and resources to go on medical missions trips, and increased contacts with surgeons/physicians/nurses throughout the U.S. who are already involved in such work.
Likewise, our hearts still beat strongly for adoption and orphan care ministry. We feel this move will not only allow for our continued involvement but open even more doors for opportunities to serve and grown our family. We already know there is a very vibrant adoption community in Nashville - can't wait to plug in!
Aside from our big announcement, this week we celebrated Jon's birthday, went to Divas & Dogs at the Grande Theatre, sold & bought a few things at a Used Homeschool Curriculum sale, visited with Jon's parents, and were able to see my whole family on Saturday for a Father's Day celebration. It was a full week, but I suppose the next few won't be any different. Busy, busy, busy!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
- Monday - another roofer comes to quote
- Tuesday - kids play at Grandma's
- Wednesday - a freebie movie (I'll make it this week, now that I know the right time!)
- Thursday - Silly Safaris library program
- Friday/Saturday - hope to have a new roof going on :-)
- being with my family!
- Not working... schooling in the summer. So much going on, but I'm still determined to have Jeremiah finish his 1st grade math and be ready for 2nd in the fall!
- Any Nashville, TN homeschoolers want to share the inside scoop? What are the state requirements? What co-ops are available? Any "must-sees" or things to get involved with?
- purging! The clutter must go!!! Tentative plan to have a yard sale the first weekend of July. That's my motivation to clean house.
- Infinitely More by Alex Krutov & Jackie Davis (finished)
- Organized Simplicity by Tsh Oxenreider
- the positive responses to our moving. Yes, it stinks to be farther away from family and friends, but we appreciate their support and well wishes!
- Daddy's who love the Lord, love their children, lead by example. I'm blessed to have an amazing Dad, and to be married to Jon - a wonderful father to our children!
I’m praying for…
- our transition as a family... especially during the time we have to spend apart
- productivity - lots of work to do on the house in the next few weeks
- for our house to sell quickly so we can all be together
The kiddos with their Daddy. Happy Father's Day, Jon! WE LOVE YOU!!!