Monday, June 11, 2012

THMJ - The Camp Edition

I'm a little slow, but my Monday morning re-cap should suffice.  I've got lots of blogging to catch up on, but at least I'm making a dent in it. 
In my life this week…
  • Sunday - Wednesday, the kids and I were at First Chance Camp at Camp Calvary.  We LOVE church camp, and the kids especially liked the critters who came to visit
  • Thursday - We met friends for a picnic and playtime at the park.  Then, I scored some great finds at a local Used Homeschool Curriculum Sale.
  • Friday - We had dinner with our besties...  we miss seeing the Redmon's more often!
  • Saturday - Yummy dinner with the fam at The Chop House to celebrate Jon's birthday and his Dad's retirement. 
My favorite thing this week was…
  • seeing my kiddos excitement at camp!  They had a blast!
In our homeschool this week…
  • With all of our comings and goings, there was no homeschool this week.  Despite my original thoughts and plans, we really are being quite lax this summer.  My only real goal is to have Jeremiah complete his Math and to spend time with the kids reviewing some great products coming our way. 
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • Monday - The PSPL Summer Reading Open House
  • Tuesday - Freebie Movie @ Great Escape & Jon's Birthday
  • Wednesday - Dogs & Divas program @ The Grande Theatre
  • Thursday - the kids play at Grandma's and I attend another Used Curriculum Sale
Things I’m working on…
  • tagging items for the Used Curriculum Sale.  My shelves are overflowing, so it is time to pass some items along to others who can make use of them.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
I am inspired by…
  • The staff at Camp Calvary!  They work hard to keep the grounds beautiful, the facilities maintained, and the campers fed... both physically and spiritually.  Each and every person brings their unique, God-given gifts and abilities to the ministry of Camp Calvary, and it wouldn't be the same without them!  I've enjoyed attending camp since I was 7 years old, and I'm thankful that my children have the same opportunity.  I pray they take away the same fond memories! 
I’m reading…
  • Pajama School - Stories from a Homeschool Graduate by Natalie Wickham (finished)
  • Infinitely More by Alex Krutov & Jackie Davis
I’m grateful for…
  • Time spent making memories with my children!
I’m praying for…
  • Children who are alone this summer... fending for themselves, longing for someone to give them attention, a hug... LOVE!  Praying God uses His people to intervene and be His hands and feet!
A photo to share…
  • I love this pic that Kenzie captured of my sweet Rachel praying at camp.  Soooo precious!!!

No comments: