Sunday, July 10, 2011

Orphan Sunday - Coming to the Bluegrass!



An initiative of the Christian Alliance for Orphans, Orphan Sunday will be held in churches globally November 6, 2011.  I'm excited to work on the Orphan Sunday - Kentucky team.  Through emails, tweets, a conference call, and personal phone calls, I've been able to connect with four wonderful ladies with hearts for orphans.  We are banding together to get the Orphan Sunday message and materials in the hands of at least 25 new churches in Kentucky as well as maintaining events at churches who have participated in years past.

Does your church participate in Orphan Sunday?  If you are in Kentucky and you'd like to learn more, have your church participate, set up an event, bounce ideas off someone, etc., please contact me.  I'd love to speak with you!  Not in Kentucky but interested in bringing Orphan Sunday to your church? Feel free to give me a shout.  I can definitely help walk you through the website and give you some ideas.  Also, there are coordinators in each state, contact them.  I know they would LOVE to speak with you.

I encourage everyone to check out the website... you'll find videos, testimonials, bible studies, devotionals, powerpoints, sermon outlines, flyers, web banners, etc.  Tons of resources!!!!  147+ million orphans have no voice...  One Day... Be The Voice... Act With Purpose!

1 comment:

Sharla said...

Thank you so much for providing the link to the Orphan Sunday site. I will be spending some time over there looking for resources. Adoption and orphan care are my passions and I am in the beginning stages of setting up a ministry for churches here in Canada. This link really came at the perfect time for me.