Sunday, July 31, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Summer Slips Away

This week's events included
  • Funeral visitation for one of the greatest prayer warriors I've ever known.  Ms. Judy was such a special lady!
  • A zoo trip with a friend of mine from college and her delightful daughter.
  • We attended a park day with the new homeschool co-op we will be participating in this year.
  • We visited Jane and Myles, so I could get my "baby fix."
  • The kiddos played with Grandma & Grandpa while Jon and I attended an AWAA Board Meeting, shopped for baby shower supplies and a baby gift, and enjoyed lunch at Old Chicago Pizza.
  • Visited Kentucky Aviation Museum.
  • Baby Shower for lil' Myles.
In our homeschool this week…
Haha!  Teaser... we aren't starting officially until August 8th.

Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
Planners get homeschool Moms all in a tizzy.  You have to find the absolute perfect, be-all-end-all planner for your homeschool.  Trust me, I've been looking for quite some time.  I have yet to find what I like, so I created my own.  I'm excited to give it a whirl and see if it truly meets my needs.  My advice is to create what you can't find.

Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • Possibly another zoo trip.
  • CHIL Teacher's Meeting/Park Play Day for kids
  • HYPE Gym & Swim
  • CHIL Kick-Off Picnic
My favorite thing this week was…
Mark and Jane's baby shower.  Words can't express how absolutely thrilled I am that Myles is here.  I LOVE seeing Jane's Proud Momma smile shine.  Not to mention Myles is super cute and fun to hold!

Questions/thoughts I have…
Is the summer truly slipping away?  If it will be cooler, I'm okay with that even though my homeschool plans are far from finished.

I’m reading…
Bible in 90 Days - I'm behind :(  I've got to buckle down and catch up.

I’m cooking…
not a thing.  Raw veggies have been a huge hit this week.  We've enjoyed zucchini, squash, red, yellow, & orange peppers, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, tomatoes, and radishes at most every evening meal.  Actually, I'm the only one who likes the radishes and that's ok.  More for me :)

I’m grateful for…
our incredible adoption agency America World.  We love supporting and serving on AWAA's behalf!  Looking forward to even more opportunities in the future.

A photo to share…
Our favorite photo op at the zoo!  A great day for the kiddos with their new friend!

2 comments:

Victoria said...

I totally agree with you on creating your own planner if you can't find exactly what you're looking for. I have a Mac and am using a program on it to help organize my year - love it!!!

Victoria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.