The July Hearts at Home Blog Hop Topic is: How are you like your mom? How are you different?
- Enjoy the guilty pleasure of reality tv: Survivor, The Biggest Loser, Big Brother, etc.
- Dominate baby/wedding shower games. We can unscramble words and remember objects like no one's business!
- Feel the need to correct poor grammar. It used to drive me crazy, but now I do it to others!
- Have high expectations for ourselves and others. Mediocrity is not acceptable.
- Support our kiddos interests. In raising 3 children, Mom's taxi drove us to dance rehearsals, piano lessons, play practice, choir concerts, academic competitions, ballgames, cheerleading competitions, etc. Currently, with 3 of my own, I'm already going here, there, and everywhere, and yes, I want more children :-)
- SAHM. Growing up this is not something I ever saw myself doing, but after Caleb was born, it's the only place I wanted to be. With the addition of Jeremiah and Rachel, it was more clear than ever that this Momma needed and wanted to be home. I get it now :-) Thanks Mom for staying home with us!
- Mom is a football fan - I don't get the game, nor do I care to learn.
- My Mom is a Buckeye through and through, and even though I was born there and lived in Ohio the first few months of my life, I don't claim it. I'm proud to be a KY gal.
- My mom is a domesticated individual and actually enjoys sewing, crafting, baking, etc. I am affectionately referred to as domestically challenged and kitchen illiterate. Not only am I lousy at traditional homemaking tasks, I don't enjoy them either. I prefer restaurants and crafty stores where I can buy other people's handiwork.
- I'm comfortable with a microphone in hand singing or speaking to groups. Mom has never been one to take the stage.
- I enjoy traveling to other countries, experiencing different cultures, being involved in mission work, advocating for orphans, and taking on social justice issues.
- I'm definitely more of an extrovert. I enjoy people and living in community with others. Jon says I'm incredibly nosy and like to meddle. I see it more as I'm investing in people, I like to know their stories, who they are, etc. I easily make friends and enjoy being with others.