Monday, July 4, 2011

Little Sparklers

Fourth of July weekend is synonymous with sparklers.  As a child, I remember playing with these wonders - that's as brave as my parents ever got.  Jon, on the other hand, would really like to channel his inner pyro.  However, he stuck mostly to the tried and true nostalgia sparklers bring.

After a day of tears, farewells, food, and friends, this was a good ending!  The kids got home, became jammie clad, and played with fire.  (Good things PJ's aren't flammable - I did a great speech in college on this.  Ask me about it sometime!)

My littles had a grand time and even got to see some of our much braver neighbors launch what could probably rival commercial grade fireworks in their driveways and the streets.  Best I can tell, no one lost an appendage and there was no property damage.  Wonders never cease!






No comments: