Friday, July 15, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Friends & Family


This week's events included...
  • A visit to Mama Spaulding's to have dinner with Mama S., my parents, Adam & Val, and Tommy & Carolyn.
  • The kiddos spent the night with Adam & Val enjoying the slip and slide, sprinkler, park, movies, smores, pizza, and DQ.  (I think Auntie Val & Uncle Adam were pretty exhausted and probably convinced they will never have 3 children.)
  • We enjoyed an ice cream social at the park with our wonderful Southland Adoption Care Group. 
  • Tonight, we have a combined birthday party for my MIL and SIL.  Who knew Mary and Beth would opt for a pizza party?  Hmmm... trying to recapture their youth?  Nope - they just shouldn't have to cook and well we know, I'm inept, but I can pick up pizza like noone's business!
My favorite thing this week was…
holding William Myles Redmon!  This precious baby was born in the wee hours Thursday morning and through the miracle of adoption he has the most incredible parents.  While I enjoyed holding a bitty baby again, seeing my BFF Jane hold HER son was by far the ultimate highlight of my week.  Praising God and thanking Him for his continued blessings.  Every good and perfect gift comes from above - and no doubt, Myles is a little piece of heaven!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing...
  • Tomorrow, we celebrate Miss Libby's 4th birthday.  I'm sure my crew will be thrilled with the "candy" theme. 
  • Sunday, we're back to Southland.  The plan is to attend the 10 a.m. service this week. 
  • Then, the agenda for the week includes a zoo trip with friends, a library program, and HYPE gym/swim at the YMCA.  Also, I'm heading to Ashland, KY Saturday to spend the day with girlfriends from college.  I'm looking forward to catching up, lots of laughs, yummy food, and probably "The Wedding Dance."
Things I’m working on…
  • Homeschool plans for the year... I feel like I should have much more accomplished than I do.  I think I'm in denial that August will soon be here.
  • Planning for Orphan Sunday and working to get more KY churches involved!
  • A Baby Shower for friends
I’m reading…
  • The Bible ~  Mom's Toolbox is again hosting the Bible in 90 Days Challenge.  Since on average the daily reading requires an hour of time, I've committed not to read anything else unless the day's assignment is complete.  This challenge continues through October 8th.  Praying for great success!
  • Orphanology by Tony Merida and Rick Morton
I’m grateful for…
incredible family and friends and the time I am able to spend with them.

Photos to share...
I didn't have my camera at our adoption group ice cream social so I grabbed these pics off of Facebook. (Thanks Kelly!)  Kiddos had such a blast!
Rachel digging!  Everyone needed a bath when we got home :)

Jeremiah and Caleb had fun playing Transformers and SuperHeroes with the boys!

A tired/sticky bunch after a great evening of icecream & play!

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Visiting from THMJ! I too think I am in denial about August fast approaching! I need to steal a whole day, write a summary year-end report and at the same time, map out our new year's plans. For some reason, I procrastinate on this. I know I'll feel a load off my shoulders once it's completed, so why can't I just do it?!? I too am in the Bible in 90 Days challenge! First time read through of the Bible for me. I also wasn't going to read anything else, but today I received "Educating the Wholehearted Child" and I really want to start it! Have a terrific weekend.

Erika said...

Stopping by from the Crew! Now following you. :)

http://raisingleafs.blogspot.com/