Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Late Nights

The Homeschool Mother's Journal

In my life this week…
  • I enjoyed time with my hubby.  My "early to bed/early to rise" Boy stayed up late a couple nights this week.  While we enjoy family time, it was great to have some Hubby/Wife time.  We enjoyed watching movies, chatting, laughing... just having fun!  It's not always easy or economical to get a sitter for three little ones, but date night can definitely be achieved at home.  Looking forward to lots more!
In our homeschool this week…
  • Kiddos still love Reading Eggs (review coming soon). 
  • At DRASTIC, I taught the K-1's the song/dance "Draw Me A Bucket of Water."  They love it, and I've heard my 3 littles singing it ever since.
  • We concluded our study of Italy and met with our Galloping the Globe friends.  The kiddos enjoyed discussion time, mirror writing, an experiment, and cooking homemade pizza.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
  • A friend at co-op introduced our family to WE GIVE BOOKS.  The premise is easy... Read a Book! Give a Book!  There is an extensive library of children's books for your children to read and enjoy online.  By doing so, they also have the joy of giving to those who don't have the luxury of access to books.  I love this!  I encourage everyone to check it out! 
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • Monday:  Craft Night (Just for Momma!)
  • Tuesday:  Rachel's Speech
  • Wednesday:  Five In A Row co-op & Church
  • Thursday:  DRASTIC Co-op & CACH Learning Fair
  • Friday:  Possible KJHS Field Trip & Light Will Rise Couples Social
  • Saturday:  America World "Adopted By Design" Seminar

My favorite thing this week was…
  • Steven Curtis Chapman in concert!  I have the utmost respect for this man.  SCC is a fave for sure. 

What’s working/not working for us…
  • Late nights...  the kiddos have had a few this week.  While they have been really well-behaved, it still throws us off.  One a week, we can handle.  Several in the same week takes a toll on the amount of school word we are able to accomplish.  Hitting the books hard this week!
Things I’m working on…
  • I have some upcoming TOS reviews.
  • Making some contacts/scheduling AWAA seminar
  • Dr. Seuss activities for my kiddos in preparation for our Feb. DRASTIC Book Club
I’m reading…
  • Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman (finished)
  • Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half by Rick Johnson (finished)
I’m grateful for…
  • Time spent with very dear friends.  Great food & great conversation.  We miss being with them each week!
  • New friendships growing and forming through Life Group.
I’m praying for…
  • A former co-worker is in the hospital battling pneumonia and fighting for her life tonight.  My prayers are with her, the family, and her students.
  • My littles who are currently coughing & snotting!  Praying it doesn't develop into anything more.
A picture to share...
  • Actually an event... won't you join us?!  We'd LOVE to see you at the America World "Adopted By Design" seminar.  It's free and a great place to learn and get your questions answered about international adoption.


2 comments:

StephF said...

Hi, stopping in from HMJ. How cool that you are an adoption advocate! Our family is moving to Ecuador soon to work at an orphanage there. I'm writing about it at my blog http://lifewiththesekids.blogspot.com

RachelT said...

Hello! I am stopping by from THMJ. I love your cute daisy background! We were able to attend a SCC concert in the fall and he is one of my long-time favorite musicians. I hope you have a great rest of the week!