In my life this week…
- I felt back up to par! Good to get back in the swing of things :-)
- Special activities included: Celebrating my nephew's 4th birthday, Mexican food with two lovely ladies, a spur of the moment trip to the park, a planning brunch with the LWR gals, speaking on Transracial Adoption with my fave adoption peeps, a date with my hubs, visiting with my family, and a Sunday afternoon family flick at the cheapy theatre ("Chipwrecked")
- We utilized a great reading website online... review to come soon!
- We read aloud several Nate the Great books and The Hundred Dresses.
- Jeremiah finished his phonics book. He's making headway!
- We began studying Italy.
- The kids had music class with Mom and learned about their feet in science class at DRASTIC.
- Read aloud, read aloud, read aloud!!! Did I say read aloud? I always have the best intentions, but I know I don't do this as much as I should. Cuddling up with my kiddos and enjoying a good book is the best! One of our favorites this week was The Hundred Dresses by Eleanor Estes. Yes, even my boys liked it, and we had a great discussion about not making fun of but rather standing up for others.
- My church! It's so good to be challenged... to feel a part of a growing, spiritual, missional body. This past Wednesday night's Bible Study was one to make you question and think. It generated some good discussion for Jon & I - love it! Then, today began a sermon series outlining SCC's direction. We're ready to Unleash a Love Revolution.
- Monday - Life Group! We're excited since we missed the last get together.
- Tuesday - Kiddos are having a Grandma day. Follow-up Dr. apt. for me. Then, Jon & I will head to church for the Steven Curtis Chapman Songs & Stories Concert. We're super excited to attend the VIP pre-show and work the America World booth. Stop by and see us if you are there.
- Wednesday - Rachel has speech, and we continue our Not A Fan Bible study at church.
- Thursday - DRASTIC co-op
- Friday - Galloping the Globe co-op, and we'll have dinner with good friends that we miss a lot!!!
- Seeing friends at our Adoption Support Group at church... just LOVE these folks!
- Reading Eggs is the bomb diggity! I can't wait to share my review of this online reading website. Much love <3
- Valentine's with the kiddos to exchange with other TOS Crewbie Kids.
- Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman
- Becoming Your Spouse's Better Half by Rick Johnson
- More by Heidi Marshall (finished)
- Some quality family time this week
- Deep, thought-provoking conversations with my hubby
- Good news on Tuesday!
- All those who will attend the Steven Curtis Chapman concert. May their hearts be both broken and renewed. May we all draw closer to the Father to the fatherless.
- Lots of opportunities to talk about adoption and America World with concert attendees!
A video to share...
- Many of you probably gathered around a TV to watch the Super Bowl tonight. In case your get together didn't involve Tony Dungy's halftime message, I want to be sure and share. I love when people speak out boldly on behalf of the orphan. Will you listen to his short message and be challenged?
Super Bowl Winning Coach Tony Dungy Halftime Video for AdoptionJourney.org from Adoption Journey on Vimeo.