Monday, January 30, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Homebody


In my life this week…
  • I was a homebody.  I had an outpatient surgery on Monday and took some time to recover this week.
In our homeschool this week…
  • Rachel had speech as usual on Tuesday, but Mommy overdid it by getting the kiddos ready to go, driving, and sitting in the waiting room.  Therefore, Wednesday, Mommy camped out in bed, so that's where we had school.  Thankfully, Mommy was feeling better and we were able to go back to our DRASTIC co-op on Thursday.  Friday, we got together with our Galloping the Globe friends, and I led our culminating lesson on France.
Helpful homeschooling tips or advice to share…
  • Sometimes you just feel lousy.  Modify plans, have a PJ day, and have school in Mommy's bed.
I am inspired by…
  • God's Promises!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • Tuesday, I'm enjoying dinner with two lovely ladies and sweet friends.  Looking forward to it girls!
  • Wednesday, I'm hitting Panera with my Light Will Rise gals to do some planning for upcoming events.  That night, it's back to Bible Study - I hate that we missed it this past week. 
  • Thursday, DRASTIC classes again and our Adoption Care Group at Southland Christian Church.  I so love these dear friends.  Looking forward to some news that will be shared, and I'm going to do a little speaking on Transracial Adoption. 
My favorite thing this week was…
  • My comfort of my wondeful hubby!  He takes such good care of me.  His hugs, kisses, and understanding were such precious gifts to me this week.
What’s working/not working for us…
  • I'm considering switching up the phonics program I'm using with Rachel. 
  • I'm reviewing Reading Eggs as part of the TOS Homeschool Crew, and I'm excited to see how well my kiddos are doing with it.  Hope it continues to be effective!
Things I’m working on…
  • Implementing some new programs and changing the routine of our homeschool day
I’m reading…
  • Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman
I’m grateful for…
  • I have many prayers warriors that I can call upon, and they are so very faithful!
I’m praying for…
  • God to be glorified by my words and actions.  May I live for Him this week!
  • A friend headed to Mozambique on a Mission Trip.
  • A friend who must make a job decision tomorrow.

No comments: