Sunday, January 15, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 1st in 2012

In my life this week...
I feel like things are somewhat back to normal even though for us Christmas just concluded.  For the past several years, Jon's Mamaw, Uncle Darwin, and Aunt Linda have brought TN orange to the land of KY blue on MLK weekend to celebrate Christmas.  (Thankfully, once again, the CATS were victorious over the VOLS.)  Not only did we enjoy visiting with them, but the kiddos got to play with their cousins as well.  We enjoyed stories, laughs, and yummy food.  The boys came home with Legos, Ben 10 aliens, and CARS 2 cars.  Rachel was thrilled with her Belle & Beast Barbies and Disney princess paper dolls.

In our homeschool this week...
I'm so pleased with all that the kids accomplished!  After two weeks break, we had a horrible time getting back in the swing of things after Christmas.  However, I finally think we've rediscovered our stride.  We actually stuck to our schedule and easily accomplished all that I had planned for us to do. Other than our usual daily activities, we had our Galloping-the-Globe co-op on Friday.  The kids enjoyed their study of Great Britain and had some interesting responses to the question asked, "What would be the best and worst thing about being queen/king?"


Also big news on the homeschooling front, Jeremiah finished the Kindergarten Math Curriculum and will officially start 1st Grade Math on Monday.  Knowing how my ET cutie has struggled with this, I'm equally excited for him.  He has really started to catch on, and I foresee him moving quickly.

I am inspired by...
A friend who is faced so many obstacles and challenges yet continues to hold tightly to her faith and live her life as an example to others.  Even amidst her own struggles, she is thinking of and praying for others!  She's the best!

Places we are going & people we are seeing...
As always, Rachel has speech on Tuesday.  Wednesday will be FIAR co-op in the morning, and our second "Not a Fan" Bible Study class that evening.  Thursday, the kids are super excited to have a "Grandma Day" since Mommy has some appointments to go to.  Then, it's party time!  Friday, Jeremiah turns 7, so we're partying with the Wells that night.  The Spaulding fam will party on Saturday.

My favorite thing this week...
Getting involved in a Wednesday night Bible Study at church was really good for us.  We've been in adjustment period the past few months, but we are truly settling in and becoming involved in our (not so new anymore) church.  We're studying Kyle Idleman's Not a Fan.  The DVD curriculum is unique in the fact that it is teaching and story intertwined.  I'm looking forward to the second installment this Wednesday.


Things I'm working on...
I was very excited Saturday night to open the All About Reading box.  I'm looking forward to starting this new reading curriculum with my boys next week.  It looks great!!!  I'm also pulling from many online resources to pull together alphabet activities for Miss Rachel.
I'm grateful for...
a friend who cares!

I'm praying for...
I've so enjoyed seeing pics from Ethiopia of a sweet Momma & Daddy loving on their little one for the first time. Those moments are so special and treasured always. Now, I'm praying for them as they return home for hopefully only a short while before they are able to travel again to bring lil' man to his forever home.

A video to share...
This is an absolutely beautiful picture of REDEMPTION!  I love, love, love this video and bawl like a baby every time I see it.  I can't believe I haven't already shared it before.  Enjoy!  Another adoption = another God story!
 

No comments: