Sunday, October 9, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - It's October!


In my life this week…
  • It's OCTOBER!  Halloween costumes were procured.  Jeremiah will TRANSFORM into Optimus Prime.  Caleb seemed to want to be the same thing and wasn't willing to be Bumblebee instead, but he was totally ok with Batman.  Rachel is going to be a ballerina getting another wear out of one of her dance costumes :-)
  • the kiddos practiced bike riding with some friends in our court.  It's nice to have a few kids in the neighborhood now.
  • our adoption support group met at church.  This is such a special group of people, and I appreciate them all so much.  It was wonderful to see a new little addition to the group this week... gives me baby fever for sure.  I also got to see pics of a beautiful Rwandan boy who will soon be united with his forever family.  If you will remember, the Pinkston family in your prayers as they will be flying to Rwanda on Thursday.
  • We celebrated (round 1 at least) Caleb Scott's 6th birthday.  My firstborn... it doesn't even seem possible that he could be 6 years old.  CRAZY!
In our homeschool this week…
  • Math is "clicking" with Rachel.  She looks forward to doing it everyday.  Since she has marker privileges again, I even let her do a little bit with marker.  What a BIG smile she had then!
  • Caleb is a few lessons shy of moving up a level in Math.  I had hoped to finish it this week, but we just didn't get it done.  We will this coming week.
  • We "rowed" Wee Gillis by Munro Leaf and attended our FIAR co-op.
  • We had an impromptu field trip after co-op and rode the trolley downtown, took a quick walk through the State Capital, enjoyed some time outdoors, and ended with an ice cream treat.
  • We found out that Rachel's speech therapy will be short-lived.  She's making amazing progress and will probably be released before she even really gets started.  Crazy fast! 6 weeks maybe?
  • As usual, Thursday, we participated in CHIL.
  • Friday, Daddy got finished early at work, so he got to take the boys to Karate class.  Caleb was especially excited for Daddy to get to see him.
I am inspired by…
  • Pinterest - I have so many pins... crafts to make, recipes to try, homeschool ideas, books to read, etc.  You are welcome to follow me or any of my boards HERE.  Are you on Pinterest?  Leave me a comment so I can follow you too!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • I'm thinking maybe a Bounce U trip before my Groupons expire. 
  • Caleb's 2nd b-day party will be on Tuesday.
  • Thursday, we're having dinner with local Ethiopia adoptive and in-process families.
  • Friday, we're headed to the "World's Largest Halloween Party" at the Louisville Zoo.  This is a standing tradition, so we're looking forward to this night out.
My favorite thing this week was…
  • celebrating Caleb's birthday with my family.  I love my handsome, compassionate, smart little boy!  God has blessed me tremendously.

Things I’m working on…
  • TOS reviews
  • Orphan Sunday contacts
  • LWR Mom's event in November
I’m reading…
  • Raising Real Men by Hal & Melanie Young (Finished - look for review soon.)
  • Educating the WholeHearted Child by Clay & Sally Clarkson (This is a BIG book!)
I’m grateful for…
  • my fabulous husband and precious little ones.
A photo, video, link, or quote to share…

No comments: