Saturday, October 8, 2011

Clang, Clang, Clang Went the Trolley

Clang, clang, clang went the trolley
Ding, ding, ding went the bell
Zing, zing, zing went my heartstrings
From the moment I saw him I fell






After our FIAR co-op, we joined some of our friends for an afternoon downtown - the trolley being our preferred mode of transportation.  Since performing in a high school production of Meet Me in St. Louis, the lyrics above are permanently seared into my brain.  I didn't subject my kiddos to Judy Garland or even sing the song myself, but you better believe the melody and words were ricocheting and repeating in my head.  Well, maybe not while we were sprinting a block to catch the trolley... (We were a sight I'm sure - 2 adults, a baby, and 7 kiddos ages 3-6 all huffing it and frantically waving our arms.) but definitely while on board. 




The trolley ride was a first for my little ones, so the novelty was quite exciting.  Ringing the bell for our stops at the State Capital Building and Rebecca Ruth's Candy Shop were real thrills.  For me, I was most thankful that the kiddos got to enjoy a beautiful day outside and burn off some energy playing tag and jumping in the leaves with their friends.




 

No comments: