Friday, November 26, 2010

A Wells Family Thanksgiving

My big boys waiting for Turkey Dinner.
 Rachel and Allison, and yes, the pink boa, dress-up clothes, and tu-tu spark Rachel's creative energy!
 Time for Grandma's Little People Christmas to come to life.  Jeremiah has the 1st box and the others await the rest.
 Rachel checks out Santa and his sleigh.
 Beth and Josh keep tabs on the Thomas Kincade tree.  A choo-choo goes round and round.
 Caleb plays with the Nativity.
Jeremiah has Santa on the Train Track.

Our Thanksgiving plans veered from the usual trip to Tennessee, and we celebrated at Jon's parents' house.  Mary prepared a great meal and a decadent dessert.  She knows my great love affair with the peanut butter/chocolate combination, so to my shear delight, she made a peanut butter turtle pie.  Rich and Delicious!!!

With five little ones (each with their own personalities, quirks, and triggers), it is always a guess as to how the get-together will go.  I believe, we were all pleasantly surprised.  We were together from a little before 1 p.m. until after 7 p.m. with minimal meltdowns.  Kiddos played well together, and the adults were even able to chat some.  It really was an enjoyable day!  It reminds us that we have sooo much for which to be thankful.  Namely, the blessings of family - Terry, Mary, Lee, Beth, Allison, and Josh...  God gave us you!  Of course, I can't forget those we were unable to share our holiday with:  Dad, Mom, Matthew, Megan, Malachi, Adam, and Valerie - we are so blessed by you. Thanks for all your love and support.

I am thankful for my amazing hubby!  Jon loves the Lord and his family.  He works so very hard and cares so very much.  Caleb, my precious boy.  I'm thankful for your wild imagination, quest to learn more, your desire for God, and your compassionate heart! 

Jeremiah and Rachel - this time last year, I was thankful to finally see your pictures.  This year, I'm thankful to have you in my arms and to know you.  Jeremiah, you have such an endearing smile and an infectious laugh.  You desire to please and have a servant's heart.  Rachel you are pure joy!  Your giggle is music, and your beautiful eyes so captivating.  I love hearing you repeat endlessly, "Mommy, I love you!" and "You MY mom!"

Heavenly Father... Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments: