Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Operation Christmas Child

Jeremiah, Caleb, and Rachel each put together an Operation Christmas Child Shoebox to be sent to a child in need.  This is such a special project and the kids truly enjoyed shopping for trinkets and treasures to fill the box.  I have done shoeboxes with Caleb in the past, but this year he really seemed to understand the importance and the spirit of giving.  Jeremiah especially grasped the concept as he remembers the gallon size zip-lock bags of goodies we sent to Ethiopia before traveling.



I love the short video below of a boy from Angola receiving his shoebox.  The exhileration, excitement, and utter joy moves me to tears.  Oh how happy this little one is by the gifts inside, and how happy I am that he will learn of the love of Jesus.  Operation Christmas Child is a project that my kiddos and I will continue to support in the coming years.  Would you please consider doing the same?  It is so very easy to do!

No comments: