Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - Crazy Weather


In my life this week…
  • The weather has been CRAZY!  Upper 60's and Low 70's - Sunny & Gorgeous, then rain, sunny again, followed by tornado warnings and golf ball sized hail, freezing temps, and now a blanket of white with snow still falling.  We have truly run the gamut this week when it comes to weather. 
  • I found myself surprised.  Some things that were not even remotely on my radar popped up.  Love when I can connect the dots and see God's handiwork in it all...  praying for the future!
  • Wednesday, I was able to do some planning with the Light Will Rise team in the morning while the kiddos played at Grandma's.  Then, I enjoyed Bible Study and table talk that evening.
  • Saturday, we celebrated Dad's birthday.  It was great to have my family all together.
In our homeschool this week…
  • We were able to enjoy some absolutely gorgeous weather in the great outdoors. My kiddos can't get enough of "real" science - animals and nature study.  Monday, we hit the zoo with our friends. Tuesday, when Jon got off work, we went to the game farm and hiked one of the trails.
  • We continued Galloping the Globe with friends.  Germany was our focus.  The kids made pretzels, played a game, went over geography facts, listened to Beethoven, and shockingly ate brats and sour kraut. 
I am inspired by…
  • First responders - Firefighters, Police Officers, EMT's.  When tragedy strikes, these people are first on the scene.  Even when taking in haunting images, they are focused on aiding those in need.  I'm thankful for their skills, presence of mind, sacrifice, and willingness to serve... often knowingly putting themselves in harms way in order to help others.  God bless and protect them!
Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…
  • This week will include:  Life Group, Speech, FIAR co-op, Bible Study, and DRASTIC co-op.
Things I’m working on…
  • planning a trip to Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge
I’m reading…
  • Longing by Karen Kingsbury
  • Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst
I’m grateful for…
  • God's protection during the storms.
I’m praying for…
  • The families who lost loved ones, those who were injured, and those who lost their homes and businesses in the tornadoes that ransacked KY and neighboring states on Friday.  May we all remember that God is not a God of chaos but of order, yet it is only HE who can truly bring peace and comfort amid chaos and confusion. 
A photo/quote to share…
Owly Images
Parable SLO http://ow.ly/i/tXQr

No comments: