Monday, March 19, 2012

From Whom All Blessings Flow

Are you familiar with the Doxology?  I've attended various churches for years that have methodically, robotically, traditionally sang the words and melody week after week at the appointed time in the service... typically after the offering is taken up :-)  Hmmm... I know I was guilty many a time of singing the words with no thought whatsoever.  I hate that because the words are so very true.  It is God who is the great provider and gift giver.  From Him all blessings flow, and to Him all praise is due! 

Any Tony & Donny fans out there?  Their worship music was quite popular on the church camp/youth rally scene in the late 80's and early 90's.  Our church youth praise band was often a few years behind so we were mastering songs like "I, Oh I" and "Cry of My Heart" in 1997.  Oh well...  All that to say - I loved their version of the Doxology... "Praise to Our God."  There was a cool echo part, and the chorus was always so meaningful when an entire group was belting it out at the tops of their lungs.

Praise God from whom all blessings flow.
Praise God all creatures here below.
Praise Him above the heavenly hosts.
Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.

Praise to our God who reigns in the heavens.
Praise to our God who reigns in our hearts.
Praise to our God who reigns in the heavens.
Praise to our God who reigns in our hearts.

I missed my Multitudes on Mondays post last week, so my list of gifts is quite long today.  Indulge me as I list these blessings.  The very blessings that flow from my Father above!  Thanks & Praise!


191.  Little Miss released from speech therapy!  Way to Go!
192.  fresh fruit pie toppings
193.  crayon drawings
194.  my Thirty One bags all packed and ready to go
195.  God's protection while traveling
196.  balloon animals made by a missionary in training
197.  my hubby's generous heart
198.  the ability to bless another on God's behalf
199.  an outdoor hot tub shared with my little ones
200.  an indoor jetted tub just for Momma
201.  a cozy, comfy cabin
202.  a day away with dear friends
203.  sweet Myles and the joy he brings
204.  beautiful sea creatures at the aquarium
205.  enjoying the outdoors as a family
206.  making memories
207.  tender moments
208.  safe return home
209.  tears shed and fears relieved
210.  sharing resources
211.  hand-me-downs
212.  wisdom shared by older women
213.  God-incidences
214.  a crib to loan
215.  tips both given and received
216.  been-there-done-that homeschoolers
217.  children united with their forever families
218.  a stocked pantry and fridge
219.  a global perspective

1 comment:

Kelly Hallahan said...

grateful for your global perspective! lovely list! and a day away with friends- pure gift indeed! blessings from Uganda