Monday, September 26, 2011

Fall Into Reading


 
Fall often brings my favorite weather...  I'm most comfy in jeans and a long-sleeve t-shirt.  Inside, I can enjoy the warmth of hearty chili and yummy soups.  Through the window, I can watch the leaves change color and then quietly fall to blanket our front yard.  Outside, I can hear their crisp crunch beneath the feet of three little ones trampling about in play.  Fall brings pumpkins, orchards, and fall festivals.  It's such a great time!
 
I'm hoping to enrich this season even more by tackling my ever-growing, out-of-control reading list.  I have a stack of books waiting to be devoured on my nightstand, as well as my dresser, and even spilling over on top of my jewelry armoire.  Time to get my nose in some books. 
 
The books I intend to read....
 
Raising Real Men by Hal & Melanie Young (finish & review)
Educating the Wholehearted Child by Clay & Sally Clarkson (review)
Created To Be His Help Meet by Debi Pearl
The Missional Mom by Helen Lee
That's My Son by Rick Johnson
One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
Castaway Kid by R.B. Mitchell
From Despair to an Heir by Wayne & Diane Tesch
Hello, I Love You by Ted Kluck
Already Gone by Ken Ham & Britt Beemer (borrowed from friend & need to return)
Already Compromised by Ken Ham & Greg Hall (borrowed from friend & need to return)
The Connected Child by Dr. Karyn Purvis & Dr. David Cross (Re-Read)
 
All said and done, this evens out to 4 books per month.  Sometimes that is quite average and others a bit over par.  It is my goal nonetheless because this barely puts a dent in the stacks I have acquired, and I know that over the next 3 months I will only add more to my piles. 
 
Happy Reading Time!!!  Now, where's my comfy blankie?  Oh wait, kids are calling.... time to read with them instead :-)

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Looks great, Angela! And I love your description of fall. Oh, and I'm with you -- I love "jeans weather"! Thanks for being part of Fall Into Reading 2011!