I was able to take some moments to pause from the hustle and bustle and truly be mindful of all of God's gracious blessings in my life. He is soooo good to me. I could never earn, be worthy of, or deserve any of them - let alone His unfailing love. Still, the Giver of Life, He gives so freely to me. He calls me His child and has adopted me into His royal family for all eternity. My, my, my... Thanksgiving should be everyday - not just the traditional November Turkey Day!
In our homeschool this week…
- After a short break, the goal is to get back on track with a full week of the 3R's and some fun stuff too :)
- In the next couple days, we need to read The Best Christmas Pageant Ever before seeing it performed on Wednesday. We're excited to see our friends Rebecca (a.k.a Gladys Herdman) and Libby (a baby angel) on stage.
- Thursday is our meet & greet for our new co-op DRASTIC. I'm excited that it also includes a service project. I love that the leadership of this group are so mission minded! I think we'll feel right at home.
- We also need to spend some time studying Russia in preparation for our Galloping The Globe co-op that meets on Friday.
- Tuesday, Caleb has another follow-up Dr. appointment to see if his ears are clear, and Rachel has her usual speech appointment. Then, the cousins are coming over for a visit.
- Wednesday evening, we head to church for a Life Groups get-together. The kiddos will play with their friends in childcare, but unfortunately, Jon misses out again because of class.
- Thursday, our SCC Adoption Care group meets at church. I'm looking forward to being with this group that I love... especially when a potluck is involved.
- Friday, the kids will spend the night with MaMaw & PaPaw because that evening I'll be at a Light Will Rise Mom's event. We'll be eating some delicious desserts while learning all about skin and hair care for our Ethiopian cuties.
- Saturday, I'm spending time with my college pal Tree! Looking forward to lunch, shopping, and most of all - catching up!
- Two or three days off school makes for a much more enjoyable holiday!
- Our Spaulding Thanksgiving! It was great to spend a few hours with everyone, share a feast, and see my MaMa doing so well. Our family truly has so many things for which to be thankful!
- Christmas decorating, shopping, and of the greatest importance, planning for books to read, crafts to make, and activities to do together to keep Christ the focal point of the season!
- Finished - Already Gone by Ken Ham
- One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp
- This week's activities will require: finger foods/snacks, a potluck item, and a dessert. Yikes!
- God's many blessings in my life!
- a friend enduring the unthinkable!!! I pray that she feels God's embrace and knows that she is His precious daughter and dearly loved. I pray that Christian men and women rise up to comfort her, care for her children, and provide aide in this difficult time. Father, give her peace and bring healing to her hurting heart. Protect her children and guard their hearts.