Day 6 of the Blog Every Day in May Challenge and the topic is: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?
Sure, I could list every mundane task involved with being a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom, but I doubt my diapering abilities, limited cooking/cleaning skills, and chauffeur expertise would be of great interest. Instead, I tried to really think... what do I do?
- seek to serve God and others
- love my husband wholeheartedly
- love my kiddos unconditionally
- passionately advocate for the vulnerable
- homeschool (through good days and bad)
- blog (more intermittently than I'd like)
- pray, pray, pray
- experience the thrills of victory and the agonies of defeat
- volley between times of struggle and ease, the need to resist and persist, optimism and pessimism
- find myself saddened when confronted by apathy (within myself and others)
- get increasingly annoyed with mediocrity
- am striving to embrace minimalism while still struggling with the ingrained Western mindset
- am waiting for God to open and/or close doors/windows/crawl spaces/nooks & crannies.... yes, in 34 years I've learned that God works in all available spaces - great & small!