Monday, May 6, 2013

"What do I do?"


Day 6 of the Blog Every Day in May Challenge and the topic is: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

Sure, I could list every mundane task involved with being a stay-at-home/homeschooling mom, but I doubt my diapering abilities, limited cooking/cleaning skills, and chauffeur expertise would be of great interest.  Instead, I tried to really think... what do I do?

I...
  • seek to serve God and others
  • love my husband wholeheartedly
  • love my kiddos unconditionally
  • passionately advocate for the vulnerable
  • homeschool (through good days and bad)
  • blog (more intermittently than I'd like)
  • pray, pray, pray
  • experience the thrills of victory and the agonies of defeat
  • volley between times of struggle and ease, the need to resist and persist, optimism and pessimism
  • find myself saddened when confronted by apathy (within myself and others)
  • get increasingly annoyed with mediocrity
  • am striving to embrace minimalism while still struggling with the ingrained Western mindset
  • am waiting for God to open and/or close doors/windows/crawl spaces/nooks & crannies....  yes, in 34 years I've learned that God works in all available spaces - great & small! 


No comments: