Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday 2011

Easter Sunday morning began VERY early for the Wells.  I know I was up at 4:30 a.m., Jon at 5 a.m., and I woke the kiddos up by 5:30 a.m.  Thankfully, this is not our usual Sunday morning routine; however, I must say it went more smoothly than most Sundays.  I suppose there was a lot of pre-planning on my part, and my little bed-heads were too tired to be ornery.

Believe it or not, we left the house at 6:10 a.m. - only 10 minutes past are intended departure.  Kiddos were in comfy clothes, and we had all of the Easter finery packed with us, as well as a Secret Sister gift, and a 31 bag to deliver.  Seriously, I still can't believe we made it to church with all the necessary items...  just minus Rachel's hairclips.  Anyway, by arriving early, Jon and I were able to rehearse our songs for Sonrise Service...  all while smelling bacon cooking in the fellowship hall.  That's tough :-)

Sonrise Service began at 7 a.m.  Jon opened the service singing Matt Maher's "Christ is Risen," the congregation sang a couple traditional Easter hymns, and Jon and I sang Casting Crown's "Glorious Day."  Chris Sanford, soon to be missionary to Taiwan, brought our message.  (Check out his blog!) Then, we headed downstairs for a congregational country breakfast.  Bacon, sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, and pancakes....  all my kiddos ate their fill!




Following our Easter gluttony, I was sure to scrape every remnant of breakfast from the littles faces. Time to don the Easter apparel, grand total I spent - $11.45. My sister-in-law Megan picked up Rachel's beautiful dress at a consignment sale last year, and thanks to a $10 off coupon and a sale, I scored both boys shirts for $11.45. Yippee... however, looking back I wish I had our family participate in "Forget the Frock". Unfortunately, I stumbled upon it a little too late this year. The idea - rather than buying new Easter attire, spend the money on behalf of orphans. I've read of some who participated in Feeding the Hungry while others supported current adopting families. 

Our Easter Service was very nice.  We had good attendance, and Jon preached a great sermon challenging us all to live out the mission that Jesus started on Easter Sunday.  To open our service, the Kingdom Kid's Bell Choir played a couple songs.  See pics of my cuties showing off their mad musical skills...



No comments: