Saturday, August 28, 2010

Shower(S)

After a little bit of girl gab time at a friend's house this morning, I gathered the troops and we were Stanford bound.  Today, my sister and I (with the help of our parentals) hosted a baby shower for my brother Matthew and Megan.  Malachi Thomas will be making his arrival in October, and we are all so very excited to welcome him!!!!  We had a great time visiting with family and sharing some laughs during the baby shower game.

I do believe my crew ran Papaw and Uncle Matthew ragged, but they kept the troops in line.  That is minus unexpected shower #2 - Caleb soaking his sister with a water hose :(  Rachel was not in the least bit happy about being wet or having to wear one of Papaw's t-shirts until her clothes were finished in the dryer.  The highlights for the kiddos were definitely CAKE, playing in the back of Dad's pick-up truck, and taking rides/driving the riding lawnmower. 






A Jeremiah funny - there has been an ongoing debate between Jon and Jeremiah.  Jeremiah gets very irked if anyone refers to a chicken nugget as simply chicken.  He is very emphatic in correcting us and wants to make sure we call it a nugget.  Jon has been trying to explain that they are one in the same.  Also, when Jeremiah sees a bird, he often refers to it as either a duck or a chicken.  Well, there was a large flock of birds flying overhead as we were piling in the van to leave my parents house.  Trusting that Daddy must be right, Jeremiah points to the birds in the sky and says....  "Look!  Chicken Nuggets!"  Shortly after, one of those chicken nuggets pooped on me and my sister!!!!  Ughhhhh....  this shower #3 was very unplanned, unwelcome, and quite honestly one of my worst nightmares realized!  Thankfully, it just got my feet - it could have been A LOT worse.

As you can imagine, I was a bit speedy on the way home, so I could enjoy the comfort of SHOWER #4.

No comments: