Saturday, August 21, 2010

Celebrating Silas!!!

We had the best time tonight!!!  Friends gathered to welcome home another Ethiopian cutie.  It was wonderful to celebrate with Josh and Emily and "oooh" and "ahhh" over Silas.  Congratulations are in order, and I must say they don't come any cuter than this little one!  He is absolutely precious and when I held him it made my Momma heart go pitter pat!  Yep.... definitely bitten by the baby bug.  I made sure that Silas was passed off to Jon.  Wonder if the bug bit him too?  He did look very comfortable with a baby cuddled up to him again. :-)

Speaking of biting bugs, they definitely were out.  After coming home, I counted 24 mosquito bites on Caleb.  Wow - that boy must be sweet!  Obviously, we waited to late to put the bug spray on or he just sweated it all off.  He was running around in true wild child form followed closely behind by Jeremiah and Rachel.  While it was wonderful to talk about Ethiopia with Emily, catch up with Kim, and gorge myself on Gretchen and Sam's yummy food, I was struck by the beauty of watching the children play.  3 Ethiopian cuties, 2 South Korean angels, 2 blonde-haired, blue-eyed beauties, brunettes, my hubby's mini-me...  it was stunning.  I believe I had a glimpse of how God views the world.  I'm so thankful for the blessing of children, the blessing of adoption, and the blessing of a Father in Heaven who loved me enough to adopt me!

No comments: