1. Barnes & Noble
- Read and record 8 books. Turn in the completed reading journal and receive a free book!
2. Half Price Books Feed Your Brain Summer Reading Program
- Read for at least 15 minutes each day for a month.
- Add up your minutes and have your parent or guardian initial each week.
- Once you've read 300 minutes, turn in your completed reading log to earn your $5 HPB Back-to-School Bucks reading reward for the month.
3. Exodus Books
- $5 a participant. Any student grades 1-12. Younger students may also enroll, but the booklist starts at first grade.
- Download a copy of Outside of a Dog (PDF) and a book log for each student (feel free to print more). Registered participants will get 20% off the retail price of new books from the booklist from June 1 - August 31, but you are under no obligation to buy a single book from us.
- - Everyone who reads 3 books from their grade level booklist (or above) will receive a $5 gift certificate to Exodus. - All kids in grades 1-6 who read 25 books will get a second prize.
- For grades 1-6, there will be one grand prize for most books read.
- Kids in grades 7-12 who read 5000 pages will get a second prize.
- For grades 7-12, there will be one grand prize for most pages read.
- Finally, there will be one grand prize random drawing taken from all participants who have read three books or more from Outside a Dog or our website. The prize drawing will be on the second Friday of September.
4. Tyndale Summer Reading Program
Here’s what the Tyndale Summer Reading Program will get you:
- For every 5 books you read and submit proof that you shared about them (blog/social media), you’ll receive a free book of your choice from the summer reading list.
- The top reader at the end of the summer will receive a $75 gift card towards books.
- The 2nd through 4th place top readers will each receive a $50 gift card towards books.
- Everyone who earns at least one point will be entered to win a free e-reader
This is a great reading program for the whole family... mom, teens, kids :-)
5. No Time for Flashcards "4th Annual Summer Reading Challenge"
- Use the printable tally sheet to record weekly reading and each week fill out the online form.
- The goal is for the participants to collectively read 30,000 books.
- Monthly Book Prize Packs ! On June 15th, July 15th and August 15th an entry will be drawn and that person will win a prize pack to say thanks for participating. The books will be chosen based on age of the children in the winning family. The packs are worth approximately $20 each.
- Grand Prize - $50 Amazon.com Gift Card Winner will be drawn from all the entries on September 1st 2013 using random.org
6. Pottery Barn Kids Summer Reading Challenge
- Download the reading list and track your child's progress.
- Download a certificate of completion.
- Visit local store to receive free book and enter to win a backpack full of books.
7. Homeschool Buyer's Co-Op Summer Fun Reading Program
- Complete and submit a daily reading record for your child online.
- Your child earns a chance to win a prize for each hour read. Every Wednesday in June, July, and August two prize winners will be drawn.
- At each drawing, your child gets one chance to win for each hour she or he has read from June 1 up to noon on the day of the drawing. (Hours spent reading to a child or listening to audio books also qualify.)
- On August 31 at 3:00 PM, we'll do our final drawing to select our GRAND PRIZE WINNER of the NEW Apple iPad (16 GB Wi-Fi model).
- In early September, your child will receive a Reading Champion Certificate proudly stating how many hours he or she read during the summer.
- Read a book, take a comprehension quiz, earn points, and claim prize.
9. Scholastic Summer Reading Challenge
- Read, Log Minutes, Win Prizes
- Read daily for two weeks and earn 10 tokens.
- Join our free 4-week program and starting June 17 you’ll get daily emails with literacy-building tips from the experts at Sprout, games and activities to help foster a love of reading, printables and crafts, and a daily chance to win great prizes.
- Sign up to receive an email when the challenge launches. No details currently available.