Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SSMT - Verse 5

Through Beth Moore's Siesta's Scripture Memory Team, I have committed to memorizing 24 Bible verses in 2011.  It is now March 1st, and I'm moving on to my 5th Scripture for the year.  So far, I've chosen verses that are applicable to the circumstances, situations, thoughts, or feelings presently on my heart at the time.  I start this month off no different.

and if you spend yourselves in behalf of the hungry
and satisfy the needs of the oppressed,
then your light will rise in the darkness,
and your night will become like the noonday. 
                                                           ~Isaiah 58:10                                                                    
Last Thursday, I had the opportunity to meet with other like-minded adoption pals.  Friends with a burdened heart and a passion for the very least of these.  Even better, people with a GOD that is the absolute, ultimate Father to the fatherless.  It is His very heart for the oppressed and distressed that stirs us to act and to move.  I'm blessed to have been included in this team as we work together to live out the words of Isaiah 58 while building community, mobilizing others, and partnering with orphan care initiatives.

I'm still the newbie of the group, so I'm catching up a bit.  However, I'm really excited to be able to share with you more as we prepare to launch in May.  The name of our organization is taken straight from this verse, so it is quite fitting that I spend the next two weeks committing it to memory.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's so good to have you join us, and I'm excited to see how the Lord uses us in the near future!!!

*karen