Tuesday, March 15, 2011

SSMT Verse 6

March 15th... already?  Wow - time is flying by, and I'm on to verse 6 of the year. 

I doubt any of you are shocked, but I like to be able to anticipate what's coming next, plot and plan my attack, and remain composed.  I'm somewhat of a control freak.  I realize this is a serious delusion of grandeur.  Really, who am I to think that I actually have any control?  Unfortunately, because of this character flaw, when things don't go just as I plan or veer in a direction that I haven't previously charted I find myself gasping for air trying not to be toppled over by the crashing waves.

Thankfully, I do know the Master... the ONE who holds the world in the palm of His hand, the wind and the waves obey His commands.  Not one event, thing, or thought catches Him off guard or takes Him by surprise!  I can place my total trust in HIM!  In times of uncertainty, when change is emanate, in all things the verses I'll be committing to memory are a reminder that God is God and I am not.  I can rest assured in His complete control without the fear of getting burned. 

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.  Isaiah 43:2 NIV




No comments: