Saturday, January 29, 2011

The Homeschool Mother's Journal - 2

The Homeschool Chick

In my life this week...

I managed to escape the bite of the dreaded flu bug.  2 out of 5 isn't horrible odds...  I'm just glad that Jeremiah and Rachel are feeling better now, and that hubby, Caleb, and I were able to stear clear!

In our homeschool this week...

Caleb worked on place value (tens and ones), counting by 5's, nickels, and perimeter.

Jeremiah continued with simple addition and began learning to count by 10's.

Rachel is working on colors.

Five True Dog Stories was our read-aloud for the week.

Places we're going & people we're seeing...

Prior to the flu outbreak, we enjoyed a playdate with friends at KidsPlace on Monday.  Tuesday, we enjoyed "Cows Don't Fly" a production by the Lexington Children's Theatre. 
Due to flu, the kiddos missed out on bell choir, HYPE at the YMCA, and cousin Josh's birthday party.  They were definitely going stir crazy by the end of the week.
My favorite thing this week was...

After being invaded by sicklies and being quarantined in my home, my favorite moment was my escape on Saturday for some "ME" time!  Thanks to my sweet hubby for manning the fort.  I headed to scrapbook and have lunch with friends.  Laughs, yummy food, and even some productivity... PERFECT!

What's working/not working for us...

My distracted child... certain school activities Caleb must do in isolation.  He simply can't focus if the other kiddos are working on something in the same room. 
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have...

A definite advantage to homeschooling...  there aren't absences due to illness.  Jeremiah felt pretty rotten a couple days, but all wasn't totally lost.  Yes, we did take it easy, but we were still able to cuddle up and read.  At his best moments, we even pulled out the Math workbook. 
A photo to share...

Uncle Adam and Auntie Val got Jeremiah these gigantic CARS pictures to color.  He was nice enough to share with Rachel and Caleb.  It was a great quiet, relaxing activity for one of the days they weren't feeling to well.

No comments: