Monday, January 10, 2011

B90x - Week 2

Week 2 of the Bible in 90 Days begins today.  I'm enthused, energetic, and excited... and behind :-(  I've learned a few things this past week.  I was on top of my reading and even a tad bit ahead going into Saturday.  There were a few things going on during the day, but I intended to complete the reading in the evening.  Then, we lost power.  The power outage lasted 10 hours, so while the kiddos slept, my hubby and I babysat candles, gas logs, pipes, etc.  This put a kink in my reading plans, but I enjoyed chatting and cuddling under a blanket with my hubby.  In fact, some of our chats revolved around some of the characters I'd been reading about in Genesis.  Anyway, Sunday was catch-up from Saturday, and it has trickled over today.

Moral of the story... EXPECT the UNEXPECTED.  Therefore, when I can, read ahead!  I've also identified the kiddos naptime as "the ideal" reading slot in my day.  I'm completely uninterrupted and have plenty of time to complete the day's assignment.  Thursdays will always be the tricky due to YMCA and no nap, but I always know ahead of time and can plan accordingly.

Now for the REAL lessons learned.  Reading through Genesis and Exodus in Week 1 has been somewhat like a stroll through memory lane.  Familiar characters from Sunday School flannel boards of days gone by peppered the pages: Adam & Eve, Noah, Abraham & Sarah, Isaac & Rebekah, Jacob & Esau, Joseph, and Moses & Aaron.  In my reading, I was repeatedly focused on a recurring theme - God's faithfulness.  As the Israelites strayed and oftentimes seemed so fickle, God remained the same.  What comfort we can take in that the God of the Old Testament is the God of today!!!!  As he redeemed Joseph from his pit-dwelling, rescued the Israelites from Pharaoh's tyranny, provided quail and manna to the Israelites in the wilderness, etc. so he does for us each and everyday.  I know He lifts me up, saves me from my sins, and provides for my every need.  He is forever faithful!!!   

B90x Week 2 has me reading in Leviticus and Deuteronomy.  I know the third book of the Bible often does people in as they try the year long Bible reading plans due to all of the laws recorded.  However, Not only am I praying it is not a difficult read, but that I will glean much from the words of God contained therein.

No comments: