Wednesday, January 2, 2013

The View from the Top

With my crazy blood pressure issues at the end of pregnancy, Eden's arrival, the weather, etc., it seems we have been cooped up in the house for soooo long.  The kids have been bored and in great need of something to help them burn some energy.  The solution... a family outing and play date with friends at Pump It Up!  It was wonderful to be out and about among the masses again.




It was perfect.  The kids bounced and played on the inflatables with their new pals and had the best time.  The biggest surprise... two of my three ascended to new heights.  Never in a million years would I have dreamed either Caleb or Rachel would have the desire to scale the climbing wall, but they surprised me.  On Caleb's first attempt, he made it maybe 3 ft. off the ground.  I assumed it was a one and done, but shocker.. he wanted to try again.  Then, he made it ALL the way to the top.  I was blown away! 


Following big brother's lead, Rachel even decided to try.  She got maybe a third of the way up and couldn't quite figure out where to move next.  The descent was a little unnerving to her, but once to feet were firmly planted on the ground she was quite impressed with herself.  I was very proud of her for giving it a shot.  I'm not sure at 6 or 7 I would have been as brave as my kiddos.

No comments: