Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My May Day Flower

I have vague elementary school memories of celebrating May Day.  We did lots of flowery arts and crafts.  Tissue paper families seemed to be a favorite among the teachers.  Then, in gym class we would take a break from square dancing to dance around a May Pole.  You square danced in gym class, right?  Or is that just a KY thing?
 
I can't say that our homeschool studied and/or celebrated this holiday, but we definitely enjoyed a gorgeous spring day!  Temp was in the 80's, but it was a bit cloudy and a nice breeze was blowing.  We spent 3 hours at the park this afternoon with the newly formed Recreation Kids Club.  My kiddos are settling in and have some regular hang out buddies that they look forward to seeing each time.  Added bonus - I get to enjoy adult chit-chat!  Always a plus in my book :-)
 
Anyway... the real reason for this short little post is to say that on May Day 2013, I can assure you that I spent it with the most precious, sweetest flower!  Ha!  Seriously, you know you want to squeeze those chubby cheeks :-)
 

No comments: